Suegnet, director and extended scope clinical lead at Meyer & Associates, puts patients first. Her approach focuses on optimizing injury diagnosis, providing effective treatment, and ensuring a safe return to daily activities and sports. She emphasizes open communication among the multidisciplinary team to minimize the risk of re-injury.
Your well-being is our top priority!
- BSc Physiotherapy (University of Pretoria) – 1991.
- PGCERT Pharmacology (University of Pretoria) – 1995.
- MSc Sports Physiotherapy (University of Bath) – 2018.
- PGCERT MSK Diagnostic Ultrasound (Brunel University) – 2020.
- PGCERT Injection Therapy (Brunel University) – 2021.
- PGCERT Non-medical Independent Prescribing – (Bournemouth University) -2022.
- Ongoing professional development & research
With over 30 years of experience in sports physiotherapy, orthopaedics, and musculoskeletal rehabilitation, I have had the privilege of working in elite sports practices across South Africa, the United States, and England.
Throughout my career, I have worked with various sports such as rugby, athletics, tennis, hockey, squash, fencing, swimming, weightlifting, and lacrosse at different levels of competition. I was the clinical lead and owner at Sports Physiotherapy Practice Loftus Versfeld, home of the Blue Bulls Rugby club, for over 10 years. I have gained valuable experience, including working in competitive elite sport during the Rugby World Cup 1995 and Common Wealth Glasgow 2014 and felt privileged being part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team which always placed the athlete as the centre of their management. I served as the lead physiotherapist for the Rentmeester Athletics team and South African Athletics, accompanying them on their journeys from 1993 to 2000. I have an ongoing sports physiotherapy involvement with various sport clubs in Surrey, that include tennis, padel and various grassroots sports, since 2003.
Currently, I have a particular interest in treating throwers and racket sports-related upper and lower extremity injuries. I am passionate about optimizing injury management not only in sports but also in the aging population. To achieve this, I enjoy explore various evidence based treatments, including diagnostic ultrasound for precise diagnostics and injection therapy for enhanced cost effective one-stop rehabilitation clinic, with-in my scope of practice.
Recently, I have become more interested in Osteoarthritis and Rheumatologic conditions and serve as a first contact practitioner for optimum and accurate diagnostics and management.
I am involved with ongoing research efforts aimed at optimizing rehabilitation and improving outcomes for patients.
- Health and Care Professions council (HCPC)
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Physio’s in sport
- Accredited Assured Practitioner awarded by Physiofirst (2018-current).
- Various academic groups and special interest groups.